Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Mini Update

After running on Saturday and having an achy IT all day, I decided that first thing Monday Morning I would ask for an MRI just to get it over with and get on with recovering if it involves anything more invasive.


My parents were in town for my daughter's birthday party on Sunday so things were quite busy. Monday was my son and husband's last day of school. So as everyone headed out, my parents and I went out for a nice breakfast before they left for Portland.


Before that though, I called my doctor as she starts seeing patients at 7am. I thought i'd just leave a message, but she answered the phone. She said she'd fax over the MRI order to the same place I went last time...Prosports Imaging and that I could call later in the day to schedule the MRI. Whew. That was the hardest part. Acknowledging that it might just be more that the IT.

Later on Monday I was able to schedule an MRI for Tuesday (yesterday) and a tentative appointment with my orthopedic surgeon at the same location as the MRI facilities for mid-July. Hopefully I won't need to keep this appointment.

The technician said they would send the report to both Dr. Doyle who ordered the MRI and my Surgeon, Dr. Yamomoto and that Dr. Doyle would share the results with me. I have an appointment with her on Friday. Last time, she called me at home to let me know the results. So maybe later on today I'll know the verdict.

Meanwhile, I did run on Monday. 1/4 mile run, 1/4 mile walk with the run as slow as I could go. I have a garmin now, so I tried to keep the pace at 11:00 minute mile. SO I ran for about 3ish minutes and walked for about 5 minutes. Unfortunatley, the pain still was there after a mile and a half of running. I walked longer and ran a bit more, stopping as soon as I felt any discomfort. I managed to squeak out a bit more bofore just walking home.

Yesterday I opted for spinning. This I will continue as I can get a good hard workout in without any pain. Plus, I am registered for at least one triathlon this summer.

So, a bit of an update. I am struggling with not running. I feel fat to say it bluntly. I weigh the same, even less maybe, but I have lost muscle. So I will lift weights that don't bother my knee and cross train to keep up my fitness. I'll post again as soon as I know the MRI results. I don't want anyone to fall off the edge of their seat.

Grace and peace to you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm leaning...and waiting...

Mama said...

I go see Dr. Yamamoto next Thursday. I hope it is nothing for your knee. For me,I felt relief just knowing what the problem is and that that kind of thing hurts. Now it doesn't hurt as bad.

There are a lot of people who split a full share at Terry's. That could be an option for you and your brother.

I hope your knee feels better soon.

Joe said...

Hope you get some good answers, Jenny.

Anonymous said...

Jenny,

Our fingers are crossed for good results!

Meghan
www.running-blogs.com/meghan