Saturday, April 7, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

Wow. What a Spring Break! I have been so busy, that going back to school is going to provide some rest!

I did almost all of my spring cleaning, which led to my 10 year old vacuum dying and buying a new Dyson. After using that today, I realized my old vacuum died a LONG time ago. Man does that thing have good suction!

I even managed to paint our master bedroom. Our house is about 6 years old. We have lived here for almost 4 years. It was "Construction worker off white" in every room when we moved in and I have gradually been painting each room. Our master is now robin's egg blue with blue and brown accents. I can't make it too girly, so I thought this was a good compromise. I'll try to clean up the room again and post a photo or two of my handy work.

Running this week was fantastic.

Monday: 4ish with Rob, Rick and Monica. It was supposed to be 5, but the guys were in front and "missed" the turn into the park for the extra mile. It was okay, we all had long runs on the weekend.

Tuesday: 5.8 (I drove it later in the day) with Monica mainly. We started with Eric, Rob and Lisa. Eric only ran with us till his turn to go home, and the Rob and Lisa took off for a fast run.
It was a run where Monica and I both felt we were going fast, but weren't in reality. Overall it was a good run.

Wednesday: I met Rob and we headed out to Mt. Peak. This run/hike is a killer, so I told Rob we needed to go slower and do the 3 mile loop first to warm up. My quads hurt for 3 days after I did it last time. So we went the back way up the mountain too. Up the service road. It was a long and tough climb, but easier than the trail. At one point I asked Rob it something up ahead was the turn off to the summit and he said "no, we are only about halfway up!" It is so different going the other way. Rob went ahead about 10 yards. He was very nice to slow up a bit for me. I know he can cruise right up. Once we got to the top, Rob share some water and we were off. Rob took off, flying down the mountain. I went a bit slower, okay, a lot slower, I am sure Rob waited at least ten minutes for me at the bottom. I have to favor my left knee as I had surgery about 18 months ago. Plus, the trail is pretty steep and switch backy that I felt like I'd run into a tree! I did get into just leaping and jumping down over the rooty sections and short stair sections. It was great. I had a ton of fun on this tough run. Only my right quad was sore, due to the favoring I suppose.

Thursday: I ran a 3.5 mile evening run with Michelle and my right quad was sore for about the first mile. Then felt great. It was a good recovery run.

Friday: Off, but worked at home so much I felt like I had a long run today!

Saturday: Nice and easy 8.3 miles with Michelle and Rick. There was a huge group that met at 7:30. We started early and looped back, but still ended up completing the run together. It was also a good recovery after a great week.

Sunday: ?? soooo busy, I'll try to get a 5 miler in sometime.

My husband and I took the kids to our church's Easter Eggstravaganza today. It is fun for me to go to these with my own kids, because I used to be the one in charge of putting the event on! I worked at the church for 5 years as the director of Youth Ministries. The kids had a great time. Crafts, games, Easter story, and an egg hunt. It was a fun morning.

I still have to fill the eggs for our own egg hunt here tomorrow. Who knows if the Easter bunny will have to hide inside or out. Our kids still believe, so, we try to make a big deal out of it. No fluffy, huge pre-filled baskets, no gifts, just jelly beans, malted eggs and a chocolate bunny, oh and Reeses peanut butter eggs- a 6 pack, 2 for the kids and one for Mom and Dad! The kids will hunt for all of it! I love it!

I hope you have a Happy Easter.
He is Risen!

Grace and Peace to you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Easter, Jenny!

I am not ready for school.

Emily said...

Happy Easter!
Thanks for the long run and conversation yesterday.

Backofpack said...

Happy Easter Jenny! I bet yesterday was fun with the kids - I miss those days.

Joe said...

He is risen indeed!

Wow, what a good week off!! Great running and painted a bedroom to boot!!

Glad you had such good mileage. Great stuff!

Hope school got off to a good re-start today

Anonymous said...

Happy -belated- Easter to you as well!

So glad to hear you had a great Spring Break week of running. Wahhooo!

Meghan
www.running-blogs.com/meghan