Monday, July 7, 2008

I know, I know.....

It's been a long while, I know, I know.

My apologies.

School, life, school, kids...etc.. it all gets in the way.

Now for a brief update.
Still feeling pretty well! Currently preparing for the 186 mile Rainier to Pacific relay 6 person ultra relay. Normally a 12 person relay with three legs. I am a part of a 6 person team with 6 legs each. A great summer challenge. I am also planning a few marathons. Michelle's Grande Ass Marathon and the Portland Marathon at least. If plans allow, I'd like to also run Haulin' Aspen and the Timberline 26.2. We'll see.

I am also making public my quest to lose some pounds. I struggle with Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism which can make weight lose difficult. So, I am relying on old Weight Watcher's materials and a homemade journal/points log to track any loss. I officially began on July 1 with the challenge of Family camp July 3-6 with my fam where choices weren't really given, but portion control was the issue. I think I held steady. I ran 5.3 miles from the camp into town and back on Friday and on Saturday ran 6 miles total, 5 of which was on the beach. That was a good workout.

So, I'll be trying to track my progress here as a way of being accountable. I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers, but really don't want to pay or take time to attend meetings. I may find I need to go back and do just that, but we'll give it a shot this way first. I guess I'd like to drop 10-15 pounds. I had my blood drawn for the hypothyroidism on July 1st. I've been feeling like maybe my medication dosage has been off, I haven't heard back yet. So I'll try to keep things up to date here.

Today my plan was to run to the Y for Michelle's Pilates class and then home, but my husband and I didn't return home from camp until past 11pm. I felt I needed to sleep, because I also have the challenge of beginning jury duty today in Pierce County Superior Court. I just filled out a questionnaire today and have to return on Wednesday. I'll be able to fill in on those details later. So the plan was altered to this...

Monday-Circuit training class at the Y 5:30pm
Tuesday- Run with Michelle at 5:20 am
Wednesday- Run
Thursday- Run
Friday- Pilates
Saturday- Up in the air as I have to pick up my kids from my parent's house in Portland.
Sunday- Run

Wish me luck!

Grace and Peace to you.

PS Catch me over on Facebook! I'll be your friend!
***********************************************************************
update for Monday 7/7/08:
Weight watcher points goal for weight range= 22
points earned for exercise=8
total points used=28
leftover=2

Pretty good day, hard to not snack, tried to drink lots of water instead.
***********************************************************************

3 comments:

Backofpack said...

Okay, see you in the morning! But you have to go easy on me, I'm recovering. Then I'm gone Wednesday but will be up for the hill run Thursday. Sound okay?

wendy said...

yay jenny! I'm looking at a 16 pound goal too. Sounds like your summer has some awesome runs planned already!

Joe said...

Great to hear from you, Jenny...life does get complex! Thanks for serving on the jury...that is a key element of justice in the public space. You will be a clear head...use your gifts!!