Monday, July 14, 2008

Keepin' Up

All is continuing to go well with summer efforts to eat and train well. For remainder of my week I was able to stick within my points range for Weight Watchers and I am down two pounds. I used probably 10 of the 35 flexpoints. I kept track of the points and food well and will continue to do so.

I met my workout goals for the week also- Monday- Circuit training class with about 2 miles of running, Tuesday run 5.3, Wednesday Hill run 6.2, Thursday 5.3 in the AM and 4.2 in the PM for 10.5 total. Friday- Pilates, Saturday 5.1, and Sunday Circuit training on own with 4 miles running. Total Miles run: 32.1 miles

This week will be a bit different. I did Pilates this morning and will run on Tuesday and Wednesday. I am contemplating taking Thursday off because on Friday morning I will begin the Rainier to Pacific Relay and run a total of 27.6ish miles in 24 hours or less. There might be an easy run on Sunday along the beach. It depends on my sleep deprivation level. I am very excited for the weekend!

I picked up the Michael and Annika on Saturday and had a great lunch with the kids at McDonald's with my dad. We met in Kelso, Washington. It's about an hour and 45 minute drive for me and an hour and 1o minutes for my dad. My kids stayed with Grandma and Grandpa for the week and attended Willowbrook, a arts, drama, music and dance day camp in Tualatin, my home town. They loved it and are ready to go back. It is great to have the kids back, but my house is already a mess again. Such is life. Gotta love it! One thing I did learn is that my Grandpa, who is 95 and lives in Tennessee isn't doing to well and may go home to the Lord in the next couple of weeks. We are surprised he has lasted this year after my Grandma passed away almost a year ago. So I am mentally preparing for this trip.

I continue to have Jury duty this week. I do hope to get on a small trial this week. All I need is to get on a big trial, miss the relay and have to serve for another few weeks by getting on a big trial! Too much I would miss!

Gotta go...laundry calls!

Grace and Peace to you.

6 comments:

Backofpack said...

I love having you come to Pilates - it's fun! I can't wait for the weekend - you'd better not get stuck on a jury!

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. The passing of a generation is hard to bear, but inevitable. It's up to us to honor them and love them while we can. I feel certain that your family has done that.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the kids had fun. I am looking forward to the relay this weekend as well. It will be nice to get away. I will keep your grandpa in my prayers.

Joe said...

Have a great relay, Jenny...you guys will have a riot!!

Sorry to hear of your Grandfather...may he have confidence in the Lord, our Rock and Redeemer.

Darrell said...

Congrats on your committment to WW. I need to get back on track myself. (4 years at goal and then everything starting declining).

Have a fun time at the Relay!

wendy said...

congrats on your week of staying in points and lots of activity!

I hope you have a wonderful time this weekend!

Anonymous said...

You and your grandpa will be in my prayers.