Thursday, July 17, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

Well, as all things are in God's time, my grandfather passed away yesterday. He was 95 years old and is now at peace and at home.

As this puts a bump in my plans as life often does, I have made some changes to my plans. The viewing will be on Saturday , late afternoon and the Memorial service and internment service on Sunday afternoon. I will participate in the relay on Friday, but only the first half. I will be able to complete 3 of my six legs and have my husband meet me as I complete my 3rd leg. Luckily this happens in a very convenient location, near an off ramp of I-5 about 45 minutes from where we live. We will then head home for about 4 hours of sleep, a shower and then we are off to the airport for a 5:52am Saturday flight that will have us in Nashville by 2:04pm (million dollar flight by the way). We will then get our rental car and drive the 135 miles west to McKenzie, Tennessee. We should be just a bit late for the start of the viewing.

We'll head back Monday evening. I do plan to run on Sunday and Monday morning to get those miles in that I'll lose from the relay. It will be early too, It's hot in Tennessee!

Keep us in your prayers as we travel and remember the life of a beloved grandfather, father, friend, and community member.

Grace and peace to you.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

My prayers will be with you and your family. You will definitely be missed this weekend at the beach.

Backofpack said...

Jenny,
We'll be thinking of you and your family. One of the things I will think about is this: even though I have never met your Grandpa, I know that he must have been a wonderful man. I know this because I have met his son, and I have met his granddaughter - and they both speak of him with love, but even more, the way they live their life reflects back to the families they were raised in. That alone says alot about your grandparents.

We love you Jenny and will miss you on part two of the relay!

Derrik and Lori said...

Jenny,

Best wishes for safe running and safe travels. I'll be praying for you!

Lori.

Darrell said...

Jenny, sorry to hear about your grandfather. Have a safe trip. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Joe said...

Grace to your whole family in this moment, Jenny. 90 years is a gift.

Journey to a Centum said...

Jenny,

Wish your family peace as you remember your grandfather.

The "Jenny dynamic" was missing at the finish and post race activities.

See you Thursday night at the track?

Eric