Sunday, April 20, 2008

Healing Up and Feeling Fine

So for about the last two weeks I have been feeling pretty good. I rested up after the 50 miler and let all my achy muscles and joints have a break. It seems to have worked. I have been running lower miles and cross training with spin classes. I even have been able to pick up the pace and take walk breaks and keep my pace under 10 minutes per mile! The best part is that nothing aches or hurts by the end of the run or the next day!

I have no big runs or races scheduled for a while, but I decided to take over a fellow Y run club member's' Tacoma City half marathon entry. She hurt her back and can't run. So I'll run. I haven't decided if I'll just run for fun or go for a certain time. I haven't run too many half marathons. 2 as a matter of fact, one road, one trail. My fastest was 2 hours, the Capital City half. We'll see how I'm feeling. I'll be volunteering at the Expo for Rob and then at the finish line too.

Well, I pray that the running continues as it has the last couple of weeks, progressively getting better! Now, If I could only get spring to arrive and stay! It's April 20th and it has snowed for the past three days! No real accumulation here, but north of Seattle had a few inches. It supposed to be warm! Oh well, at least it is pretty.

Grace and Peace to you.

8 comments:

Backofpack said...

It's good you're feeling good!

We had a gorgeous and sunny run this morning - no snow!

Unknown said...

Yes, it's good to feel good. Not a problem letting Kelly see into my personal life. I wonder if she'll be lurking regularly.

Joe said...

Jenny, this is really good news...so glad you are enjoying running.

Half Marathons are kind of fun, given they don't tax you all that much and still represent a substantive run. Enjoy yours!!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Good luck with the Tacoma City half, we just wrapped up the OKC Memorial Marathon here ni oklahoma under windy, somewhat chilly temps and rainy conditions...but finished with the sun shining brightly.

Steve Stenzel said...

Yep, I'm ready for spring too...

jessica said...

you've been tagged, go to my blog for more info. Hope to see you running after school gets out.
http://jessica-slowandsteady.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read this blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such articles. I love to read articles like this. By the way add some pics :)