Saturday, March 24, 2007

Run Update

Well, just a quick update before heading off to bed. My family has been on the computer all day!

Today was the last race in a progressive series. The 20 miler. I has set out to finish in 3:10 or under and was very happy to come in at 2:57.

I took first place in my age group (30-34) for the race and for the series. SO that was kinda cool.

The weather was plain rainy. Very rainy. My hands were all pruny when I finished and I had to wring out my clothes! It was too warm for a waterproof jacket at 55 degrees.

All in all it was a good race. I ran hard and was tired when I finished. I like to feel like I worked hard.

Maybe I'll give a full report this week. Off to slumberland!

Grace and peace to you.

9 comments:

Backofpack said...

You are soooooo speedy! Whatever were you doing running with me?

Congrats on the first place in both series and this race!

Sarah said...

Congrats! You are quite the speed demon. Great job! : )

Joe said...

Awesome run, Jenny!!! Congrats on winning the AG for the race and series!! That is a competitive age group and you rocked it!!!

WooHoo!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on a great run, Jenny! I feel a BQ coming on. For you, not me.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jenny! Be proud of this accomplishment, especially in the face of all that you have endured lately!

Meghan
www.running-blogs.com/meghan

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
I guess I really need to explain myself for the run on Sat. I really wanted to find out what I could do on my own, at my pace. One of the highlights of my week is being able to run with you and just having a great run. So I just have a few more long runs to do and we will be hitting the roads together again in races. As always you are just one remarkable young lady.

Rick

Anonymous said...

Excellent run and series and thanks again for loaning me the hat. I got a cat call from some guy in a passing car. Maybe he liked the baby blue Nike hat.

wendy said...

Good job, Jenny!

Journey to a Centum said...

I thought that Steve's hat looked a bit feminine. At least he hasn't started wearing a running skirt.

You were cooking when I saw you at about mile 15. I could tell you were a woman on a mission! You had great form and you seemed to be leaning into it! Was that the dog paddle you were doing or was that just my imagination?

drip, drip, drip, drip