Friday, March 23, 2007

Call Me Tapered

Well, it's been one of those weeks that seem to blur right on by.

I have been incredibly busy with school, kids and dealing with the aftermath of being robbed that I have hardly had time to run.

Monday: I had to take a half day off to meet the Brink's people between 12-2pm. They arrived at 2:30pm. They finished installing our new security system at 7pm. Then it was time to get the kids off to bed.

Tuesday: I felt incredibly sick this day. I looked forward all day to running in the afternoon, and when I got home I felt horrible. It was one of those kind that I couldn't quite tell if running could help or hurt, so I put cartoons on for the kids and curled up in my bed. I felt better at, you guessed it, bedtime.

Wednesday: Finally, I got to run. granted it was indoors on the track at the Y, but it was probably the best 5 miles ever on that track. If it were not for the time issue and ya know, feeding the kids, homework, etc... I'd have kept right on running for at least 5 more miles.

Thursday: My son has basketball practice, takes up all the time. If I didn't have to take my daughter with me, due to Dad having baseball practice, I'd run through the neighborhoods while he's practicing. Oh well.

And Friday: Well, I guess I didn't run today, because I'm running a 20 mile race tomorrow. Oh and it is raining cats and dogs. Which it will be tomorrow too. So not a very good excuse.

So the race will be what it will be. I would still like to finish in 3:10 or less, but 3:30 would be okay too.

I plan to try out my new Verizon "Chocolate" cell phone that I got when mine was stolen. I splurged in replacing the old phone. I figured I deserved a treat. I wanted to make myself feel better. Cause it pretty much sucked at that point. I downloaded some tunes and I think I'm ready to go! I was planning to run with Rick, but he thinks he's too slow and wants to start an hour early so he can finish at the same time as everyone else. I think my friend Rick will surprise himself and we'll have close times.

My life is settling back down and I am feeling better. Motion detectors in your house can help that you know. Also a half a little blue pill called Xanax. I am still having trouble sleeping, but it is increasingly getting better. I am okay being home alone and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The whole insurance thing SUCKS!!! What do those people DO anyway? They kept asking "did I help you in what you needed? I answered emphatically, "No!"
Anyway, that's enough complaining. I have all the important stuff and that's what I need.

I can't wait to run in the morning.

Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Backofpack said...

Jenny,
Good luck tomorrow - hope you enjoy your new tunes.

I'm glad you can see a bit of the light at the end...wish I could catch up with you tomorrow and we could share a run, or at least a coffee. Say hi and good luck to all the gang!

wendy said...

Jenny,

Tapering must be a good thing! Great job on the run today - how'd you like the new phone? I think you deserved a big treat! It's been a long past few weeks...you never cease to amaze me with how much you do, and how patient you are with everything. I am quite busy too, but I do not portray peacefullness, more like, chaos and irratibility. ;-)

Anyhow, FANTASTIC job on your run today, and you did it in less than ideal conditions (weather included). You're amazing!