Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Back on Track

Running? What happened to running? Last week was a blur. It came so fast.

Monday: rest
Tuesday: 3.5 boring miles on the indoor Y track without an Ipod. It was all I could handle.
Wednesday: Valentine's day early dinner out with the kids, too stuffed to run.
Thursday: Felt kinda sick and my son had basketball practice.
Friday: My parents came into town.
Saturday: 10 miles
Sunday: rest after what I assume is "throwing my back out" on Saturday. I bent over to pick up my bag after the 10 mile run and I could barely move. It was fine to sit for a while, but getting up was a killer. Then I had to sit on bleachers for my son's double header basketball games!

I am determined to make it a better week. I have a 15 mile race on Saturday. I'd like to finish in 2 hours. I plan to run with another Y runner, Rick. He doesn't want to go that fast, but he will. He might whine the whole time, but he'll do it! So, Monday was a great start. On holiday, I met Michelle, Rick, Jamal, Wendy, GeorgeK, and Steve for a run at 8am. George and Steve were too fast, and Wendy and Rick were going to go slow, so Jamal, Michelle and I were off. Now Jamal is the fastest of everyone, but he had already run earlier in the morning and we were his cool down. We ran for just over an hour. It was fun to run with Jamal. He's a cool guy.


Today, I ran 5.5 miles at the Y on the indoor track. I remembered the Ipod. And I purchased a pitch counter to keep track of laps. 33 laps=5.5miles. It's horrible if you don't have music. I have a friend who ran with an Ipod for 20 miles on the track. I think that's crazy even with the Ipod. The track and the rest of the Y were packed. It's the first class session that all the new "Resolution" members could get into so it was busy. I stick to the very outside lane and run on the white line. I had to go around all the people watching gymnastics... better put a complaint in about that. They stand in the middle of the run lane, some of them have small children with them whom you have to really watch for. It can be dangerous.

I plan to go to the Y tomorrow either to run or for an hour spin class. Then Thursday I'll do an easy 3 and call it good with rest on Friday. That's the plan.

Grace and peace to you.

4 comments:

Backofpack said...

And a good plan it is! 15 miles in two hours?!?! That's fast all right!

You are cracking me up about Rick - you know he doesn't read our blogs, so you are safe to say he'll whine. Funniest of all is that it's true!

Unknown said...

Good luck at the 15 miler on Saturday. If it didn't start so late I would probably run with you as well to help balance out Rick's whining (Rick if you read this you know that Jenny started it).

Joe said...

Wow, 15 miles in 2 hours will be moving well!!! Hope your back bounces back.

Love you using the pitch counter to count laps. The intersection of baseball and running is awesome!!

Journey to a Centum said...

Jenny,

Have a fun fifteen miler with Rick! Tell him it could be worse, he could be running with Jamal.

What's up with your back young lady? Hope it goes back to normal B4 the Resolution Run.

Cheers!