Monday, January 26, 2009

Okay! Sheesh, I'll update!

As I just said, I'll update.
I haven't posted anything new because I haven't wanted to talk about it.

Last weekend on the 17th I sprained my left ankle pretty bad at Capital Peak. I spent a week on crutches. Nothing broken, but lots of swelling and pain. Today it is still a bit swollen and tender and lovely colors (although much of the color has gone now too).

The doctor's prognosis on the 19th was 3 weeks with no running, stay off trails for a while. He did say I could swim, bike, elliptical etc... after a week. My husband says I still need to wait a few days until ALL the swelling is gone before I do those activities. My husband did clear me to return to the weight room with nothing that requires weight to be born on my left ankle. So that is where I am headed in about 45 minutes.

I am anxious to get back to running, afraid to lose too much more fitness, that it won't come back. Afraid I will gain weight and be a slacker if I don't hurry up and heal. I know I need to let it heal. Of course I just want it to heal faster. Patience, I know, patience. It's hard though and I don't want to.

There. An update. I am grumpy. I want to run.

Grace and peace to you (and I need some too)

6 comments:

Backofpack said...

Jenny,
You deserve to be grumpy! Try some aqua-jogging. No weight on the ankle, still working those muscles and burning calories.

You'll be back with it soon, and I'll be waiting to run with you!

Unknown said...

Aqua jogging is a good idea. I've had to do it before and it sucked, but kind of nice to be in the pool at the same time. Heal entirely!

wendy said...

=(

I'm sad for you, jenny. I hope you can get your aggression out on the weights!

Darrell said...

A runner that can't run, is not a happy camper. I know.

Hang in there.

Joe said...

This too shall pass.

Patience is required...and you can learn a lot from that too.

Glad it wasn't more serious. Eric made it sound pretty graphic on his blog!!

Laura H said...

You need to update again! I hear you're back doing a little running...and you can set your sights on joining me for a 24 hour pool run! J Hope you're continuing to make good progress!