Saturday, December 6, 2008

Secret is Out

My secret is out.

I have been called to a quest. The quest for Cascade. That's what I am calling it. I have felt compelled, drawn, called.... for the past few weeks to run the Cascade Crest 100 mile endurance run. I think I am crazy. Totally over the edge. But, totally willing to go for it. I am freaked out at the thought, but excited for the challenge.

First, I told Michelle that I was having crazy thoughts, that's it. She read my mind. She knew it was Cascade Crest 100. She told me she'd be my crew. Then we let Eric in on it and he said he'd pace me. I then asked Rob to also pace me. They'll each take 25 miles of the last 50. They'll use it for training for the Plain 100 a couple weeks later. This way they both get to be a part of the CCC without having to run the whole thing. Perfect for all of us.

So, the planning has begun. The mileage build has begun. The increased weight lifting has begun. It will be a long haul that my husband has given his blessing upon. He said he'd need reminders though. :) So all of your advice, comments, concerns and prayers are welcome for this crazy quest I am taking on. So, I will try to direct my posts to training an how it is going.

Coming up I have planned for December:
Lots of long runs
Pigtails Flat Ass 50k, Dec. 20th
Tiger Mountain Dumb Ass (half ass) Dec. 21st
Last Chance marathon Dec. 31st if they'll let me in, I am on the waiting list. If not, then, the New New Year's day marathon

Grace and Peace to you....I know I need it!

11 comments:

Backofpack said...

You're gonna rock it! I just know you are. I'm looking forward to crew duties!

Journey to a Centum said...

Why are you taking time to blog! You should be running missy!

Naww! Plenty of time to be ready for Cascade. It's only hard for the last 60 miles.

Eric

Unknown said...

I think I am more excited for your quest next year than any of mine. I look forward to being a part of the journey.

wendy said...

yaaay jenny! You're so cool! I brag about you guys ALL THE TIME!! Now I can share that we have a girl in our run club running a 100 miler!

Legs and Wings said...

True grit! Looks like everything in in place!

Jack said...

Cool, I can't wait to follow your journey...I've been having crazy thoughts of my own...but first a 100K in 2009!

Darrell said...

You gotta wear that Maniac moniker proudly. With all the terrific support you have up there you are sure to succeed. Enjoy!

Joe said...

You don't go into these things lightly, Jenny, so I have confidence this is the right thing. Wow...what a deal this will be!!

Cheering you on from Indiana!!!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound crazy to me. You've enlisted some great support. I'll look forward to reading about the journey.

Steve S said...

Ahh, I have no doubts about your ability or success. I hope to join you for some good training runs this year as you prepare for your challenge. Run healthy, Mad Monkeyette.

Cat. said...

I'm soooo excited for you Jenny!!! Just making this decision is huge!

You go girl!