Monday, August 13, 2007

Catching Up

Since I have been home from DC, I feel like all I have been doing is catching up. Catching up on laundry, cleaning, emails, blogs, unpacking, running, and family time. Everything is moving so fast. I can barely catch up!

There is now officially three weeks until kids arrive at school, two weeks until I have to go back for meetings, and one week until an optional meeting. It's been a good summer, but as usual, way too fast!

I just want to sit on a quiet beach with my husband, sip margaritas and reread the entire Harry Potter series.

I was happy to run 30 miles this week, but my hips are entirely way to tight. My IT band has gone from stabbing pain to just utter and complete tightness when I am not running. All I do is stretch! I will slow down a bit this week and go for 25 miles, maybe ab it less. I will be doing the Danskin Triathlon this weekend.

It will be fun as tri's always are, but let me just say that I will not have a PR. I have not yet stepped into a pool for swim training and the event is 6 days away. I do plan to swim tonight and a couple more times this week, just to practice my stroke. All in all, I just want to have fun and not go for a certain time. I always want to do more triathlons when I am done, so we will see if I do indeed register for a few others this fall to end the season. It was only two summers ago that I completed 7 triathlons in one summer. I have not tried that since the marathon bug bit.

So, I hope all is well with you out there in the blogosphere. Oh, a new thing I wanted to pass on from my C-SPAN conference for all of you folks who like to You Tube or watch other video sites. If you like to download video a new, easy and FAST way to do it is to use the new Real Player 11 Beta. Just download it free from the Real Player site and anytime there is video a download option will pop up. just click it and it will download simultaneously to your hard drive. Or you can choose portions , make a library etc.. it is very cool and FREE! Check it out!

Grace and Peace to you.

5 comments:

Mama said...

It is always amazing to me how fast the summers go by. I remember them lasting longer when I was young.
Have fun with the triathalon and if you ever want any technique tips, I may have a few ideas for you.
Be Free,
Lorri

Backofpack said...

Jenny,
I can't believe I haven't seen you since you've been back! I look forward to our run tomorrow morning. Oh - Lorri mentioned her tips for swimming, but she didn't mention that she is teaching a stretching class at the Y on Mon/Wed. That might be helpful to you with the IT thingie. See you in the morning!

Unknown said...

You know that triathlons are the darkside don't you? I officially start training (school) tomorrow. Yikes!

Joe said...

Wow, a tri no less this weekend!! Enjoy it Jenny!

Sure hope this ITB loosens up for you...no fun, I know all too well.

wendy said...

You're crazy, my friend! I can't believe you're doing the Danskin - I wish I could go cheer you on, but I have duty this weekend. =(

I hope you have a great time, and I hope all heals well for you this week!