Sunday, October 5, 2008

Quick Portland Marathon Report

Whew! After not feeling well in the days ahead of the run and my Garmin batteries being dead and having to go naked without a watch, I sure did well! I went into the race thinking I would have to walk a lot due to not feeling well. I felt great! The weather was a bit sprinkly but pleasant. I didn't have a clue what my times were the entire race, but knew Iwas feeling well and ahead of the 4:15 pacer, but behind the 4:00 pacer. I ended up crossing the finish line with the clock reading 4:04:45, I knew I was under that beacuse of where I started. I was happy because I thought I at least matched my best time of 4:04. I was shocked (and am still shocked)when I found out I actually finished in 3:58! Whoo Hoo! I finally broke the 4 hour barrier! It was awesome! I had a great time! Praise God! Quick thanks to George K. for surprising me around mile 21 (?) You pumped me up to finish strong!
Grace and peace to you!

9 comments:

Backofpack said...

You are sooooo speedy! Breaking the 4 hour mark is huge, Jenny! Way to go!

Journey to a Centum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Journey to a Centum said...

I think we heard you break the four hour barrier from Leavenworth!

What's next? Racing Flats?

You obviously felt much better than you had the days before the marathon.

Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Well done Jenny!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jenny on a very consistent pace for not having a watch! There was no doubt in my mind that you were going to finish strong!

Steve S said...

How thrilling that it all came together for you for a sweet PR. Maybe all those hills during your trail running helped with strength and speed. Or maybe being relaxed and not on the clock helped. Congrats and recover well.

Unknown said...

Way to go, Jenny! It was nice seeing you at the industrial out and back.

Darrell said...

Great job, Jenny. I guess there is something to be said for running by feel. I'm so glad you felt well and that everything came together for a wonderful race.

Joe said...

Woo Hoo indeed!! Wow a sub 4, all by feel!! Very cool!!

Congrats...that is an awesome, awesome accomplishment, Jenny!!!!